Get Back to the Country

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Frozen in....

We're snuggled in, with the temperature at a balmy 6 degrees, and about a foot of snow on the ground. We're at the end (I HOPE) of two weeks of some of the most cold and wintery weather that this part of the country has had in the last 25 years.

So what's on my mind today?

Spring! I know it's a wyas off, but I close my eyes and imagine the soft touch of the warm spring subshine on my face. I can feel the gentle spring breeze that will be drying the ground so that it can be worked and planted. With God's help, that soil will become a garden, blessing us with fresh wholesome food.

I can hardly wait!

The seed catalogs have been arriving in the mail, with their beautiful pictures and almost poetic descriptions of things to come. They make you dream. But now is the time to start the process of making those dreams a reality.

In the next few weeks, we'll be bringing you some ideas, thoughts, and information to help bring YOUR gardening dreams to fruition.

Be sure to keep coming back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home